What is a Cookie?
We use Cookiebot on our websites which is a cookie and online tracking consent solution that complies with the consent and information requirements of the EU ePrivacy Directive 2009/136/EC and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This provides our website visitors with:
- Clear and specific information on your cookies
- Ask our users for consent before storing cookies
- Give our users an option to opt-out of cookies
- Provide an option to subsequently change a choice
- First and third-party cookies: whether a cookie is ‘first’ or ‘third’ party refers to the domain placing the cookie. First-party cookies are those set by a website that is being visited by the user at the time (e.g. cookies placed by www.advancesystems.ie).
- Third-party cookies: are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the site being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and another entity sets a cookie through that site this would be a third-party cookie.
- Persistent cookies: these cookies remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
- Session cookies: these cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
How to Delete and Block Our Cookies
Can I Withdraw My Consent?
If you wish to withdraw your consent at any time, you will need to delete your cookies using your internet browser settings.
For further information about deleting or blocking cookies, please visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org/Default.aspx?page=2.
How to Turn Cookies Off
Internet browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings are usually found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your internet browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful. Otherwise you should use the ‘Help’ option in your internet browser for more details.
What Cookies Do We Use and Why?
To find out about specific cookies we use on this site, please see below for details.
The cookies used on our site are categorised as follows:
- Strictly necessary
‘Strictly necessary’ cookies let you move around the site and use essential features like accessing your profile and posting feedback. Without these cookies, these services cannot be provided. Please note that these cookies do not gather any information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you’ve been on the internet.
We use these strictly necessary cookies to:
- identify you as being logged in to our site; and
- enable you to submit information via online forms such as registration and feedback forms.
Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the site, so if you prevent these cookies we can’t guarantee your use of our site or how the security on our site will perform during your visit.
‘Performance’ cookies collect information about how you use our site e.g. which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors. These cookies do not collect any information that could identify you and is only used to help us improve how our site works, understand what interests our users and measure how effective our content is.
We use Web Analytics performance cookies to provide anonymous statistics on how our site is used.
Some of our performance cookies are managed for us by third parties. However, we don’t allow the third party to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above.
By using our site, you accept the use of ‘Performance’ cookies. Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the site, so if you prevent them we cannot guarantee how our site will perform for you.
Preference cookies enable a us to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in
Statistic cookies help us to understand how visitors interact with our websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.
Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
Cookie Declaration and further details
You can find out more details around the cookies we use and how long the cookies are stored for by using the Cookiebot solution on our website which will provide up to date and accurate details around Cookie Declaration such as :
- The name of the Cookies
- The Provider Details
- The Purpose of the cookie
- The Expiry Date
- The Cookie Type
It will also allow you to provide consent before storing cookies, give the option of opting out of cookies and also allow you the options of subsequently changing a choice.
More Information about Cookies
- Data Protection Commission – https://www.dataprotection.ie/docs/Cookies/1416.htm
Document Owner and Approval
The GDPR team is the owner of this document and is responsible for ensuring that this policy document is reviewed in line with the review requirements stated above.
A current version of this document is available to all members of staff on the internal TMS employee Web portal.
This policy was approved by Gary Corcoran (CEO) on 22/05/2018
Change History Record
|Issue||Description of Change||Approval||Date of Issue|
|1||Updated expiry dates for 3rd party cookies||Niall McDonagh||19.09.2019|